Jello Shots. They bring to mind different things to different people. For me I think of drinking them until I felt sick at Pitt with Alex, I think about 21st birthdays, I think about taking them continuously while playing board games, I think of the shore, and I think of pure unadulterated trashiness. But with a little modification, the bacchic undergrad drink/snack of choice can be converted into a holiday party favorite. Check out what PopSugar had to say:
It has recipes for the classic Jello Shot (which done in red and green automatically becomes a holiday treat ), it also has a recipe for “Spiked Punch” jello shots, and my personal favorite the “Margarita Jello Shot”.
Margarita Jell-O Shots
6 oz package of Lime Jell-O
Two cups (16 oz) boiling water
6 oz tequila
2 oz triple sec
1 oz lime juice
1 oz cold water
- Empty Jell-O packet into a large bowl or container
- Add boiling water to bowl. Whisk together until fully dissolved. About 3 minutes.
- Add tequila, triple sec, lime juice and cold water. Whisk together.
- Spoon or pour into prepared cups.
- Refrigerate until set, at least 3 hours, preferably overnight.
It also has pictures to show you what they should look like, ideas about the colors, and more advanced jello shots. It shows for all of the less technically skilled folks how you make jello shots that are orange slices. (Hint: You make a half an orange and cut the slices after the jello sets)
Enjoy! (Drink Responsibly)