Child Rapist on the Run

October 2, 2007

For those of you not following the case, here is the background:


LAS VEGAS, Nevada (CNN) — An intense manhunt was under way Monday for Chester Stiles, a 37-year old man whom police say is a suspect in the videotaped rape of a 3-year-old girl four years ago. Chester Arthur Stiles, 37, of Nevada is being sought as a suspect in the videotaped rape of a 3-year-old girl. Also Monday, Stiles’ former girlfriend told CNN she believes she put him in contact with the girl. Tina Allen took Stiles to a crowded apartment where her son and daughter lived. Also living in the apartment were a family friend and her 3-year-old daughter, who allegedly was victimized by Stiles. “I’m disgusted. I’m ashamed, embarrassed, mortified,” Allen said. “I regret every, every step I ever took; I feel bad for the baby.”

Allen ended her relationship with Stiles a few months ago. She said she believes it will be difficult for police to find him. “He will hide out in mountains if that’s what it takes, he will hide out in a crowd, he’ll find somebody who hasn’t heard anything and stay there,” she said. “He has skills. He knows how to hunt, I mean hunt with a gun, a knife, a bow.” Allen said Stiles stopped by her house last week for a friendly visit before his name was linked to the videotape. She said his appearance had changed. She said his hair was longer and he had put on weight. Stiles, a resident of Pahrump, Nevada, is a former animal trainer, authorities said. De Meo said the FBI also is seeking him in a separate matter involving state charges of sexual assault and lewdness with a minor under 14.

The man who claimed to have found the tape in the desert and held it for at least five months before handing it over to authorities turned himself in Sunday to Nye County officials. Darren Tuck, a Nevada resident who allegedly showed the tape to others before giving it to police, faces a possible sentence of 10 years to life for exhibiting pornography and another one to six years for possession of child pornography, according to De Meo. Tuck’s attorney, Harry Kuehn, said last week on CNN’s “Nancy Grace” that his client had been “wracked by indecision” as to what to do with the tape once he realized what it was.

My opinion is there must be more to the story. There are so many questions that need to be answered.

1. When did the parents leave the 3 year old with a man they claim to have not known or barely known?

2. How did the man who had the tape really get it?

3. Did he really never display any inappropriate behavior with the former girlfriend’s kids?

4. Why did the man who “found the tape in the desert” wait 5 months, and why did he show another person such a disturbing video?

5. How did the girl not exhibit any signs of trauma after the incident?

It is times like these that I believe in the death penalty.  While I do believe if you execute one innocent person it is not worth having, people like him deserve to die.  There is no maybe he did it or didn’t do it, there is a video.  That is a step above a confession.  Well when they find him, and they will, he won’t last long.  Whether a cop shoots him as he runs or someone with at least jail house morals kills him the first night, I will not feel a bit sorry for him or his family.  Men like that deserve the death penalty over life in prison.  They should never have another moment to reflect fondly on, think about, fantasize about, or remember the awful things they have done.

Advertisements