Had to share this gem with you, Son of Rambow. We got the trailer for it on Rambo and I think it looks adorable/funny.
Forget Temple Pharmacy School, I should have gone to Clemson University. I could have worked on my degree with Prof. Dawson, a food microbiologist. He conducted a study inspired by an episode of “Seinfeld”. Any loyal “Seinfel” fans will recall the episode where George double dips his chip at a funeral reception and is caught. The episode is credited with being the first major popular use of the term “double dipping”. They guy freaks out and tells George, “That’s like putting your whole mouth right in the dip!”. Well Professor Dawson set out to investigate if that charge is true. He was skeptical that bacteria could be transfered from mouth to chip to mouth initially. But the research indicates that 50 -100 bacteria would be transfered from one mouth to another in each bite, if there was a cup that was exposed to “sporadic double dipping.” GROSS. The study will be published in the Journal of Food Safety later this year.
Professor Dawson published a paper last year on the five-second rule. While his findings indicate that the rule is not true and food should not be eaten from the floor even if it is there for less than five seconds, my findings differ. (Well at least my findings of tasty food on floors).
(Photo Credit: My sister’s sushi skills)
I don’t know how many of you remember Tapper. I have heard it called other names, but usually it is called Root Beer Tapper. The premise is people order a drink and then you fill it and send it down the bar to them. If you take too long they leave, or if you send it the wrong place it crashes. Simple but fun. Elegant video game design. Well I am going to share with you an addictive little game called “Sushi Go Round”
It may simple at first, but as you get to the higher levels it is very fast, and the orders become more complicated.
Cute little drink for your Halloween parties. It has the look of a candy corn, the taste of a sweet tropical drink, and the punch of a martini. Enjoy!
1 part coconut cream
1 part tangerine flavored mixer
1 part banana liqueur
Splash of white rum
- Chill ingredients in fridge or freezer.
- Once cooled, pour the first three ingredients, in the order listed above, slowly over the back side of a spoon into a martini glass.
- Top with a splash of white rum.
Here is the real box office results:
|1||Why Did I Get Married? (2007)||$21.5M||$21.5M|
|2||The Game Plan (2007)||$11.5M||$59.4M|
|3||Michael Clayton (2007)||$11M||$12.1M|
|4||We Own the Night (2007)||$11M||$11M|
|5||The Heartbreak Kid (2007)||$7.42M||$26M|
|6||Elizabeth: The Golden Age (2007)||$6.18M||$6.18M|
Here are my results, based on quality:
Elizabeth: The Golden Age $25 Million
Michael Clayton $23 Million
Jane Austen Book Club $ 20 Million
We Own the Night $15 Million
Darjeeling Limited/Why did I get Married? $0 -pulled from theaters
This is a list of 20 tips to the perfect date, they are geared at the first date. I would think almost all of them are common sense, but what I am gathering about men is that they know little to nothing. Sorry boys. But boys want sex and girls want sex with a good relationship so you are looking for different things on a first date. Here you go:
1. It’s okay to suggest a drink instead of dinner for a first date. She dreads a boring four-course ordeal, too.
2. Call her by early evening on Monday to confirm a Tuesday get-together. (Weekends aren’t for first dates.)
3. Leave your home and work numbers. No home number and she’ll assume you have a wife or girlfriend.
4. If you want to keep the plans a surprise, at least clue her in as to what to wear. You do not want an overdressed, overstressed woman navigating the Talladega pits in high heels
5. Yes, she’ll notice if the date location you’ve chosen is conveniently around the block from your place.
6. Don’t assume that just because you’re out with a beautiful woman, she knows how pretty she looks — she wants to hear it from you.
7. Ask if she’s too cold or too warm, and if changing the temperature is in your power, fix it.
8. Men judge women according to whether they can picture having sex with them; women judge men by whether they can imagine kissing them. White teeth, fresh breath, and unchapped lips make her more apt to pucker up.
9. Do not ask her, “So, what kind of music do you like?” The last 25 guys asked that. Be original.
10. She loves when you insist on ordering dessert. Sharing = extra sexy.
11. Tip well: Grab the check, mentally divide the bill by 10, double that number, and throw down the tip. Do it quickly but casually. Believe me, she’ll be watching.
12. If she touches your arm, she’s interested; if she touches your leg, she’s interested tonight.
13. When in doubt, hold her hand.
14. Very small protective gestures go a long way and show her you’re a gentleman: Offer your arm as she’s stepping from a curb, direct her away from shards of broken glass aka Say Anything. She’ll notice if you wait until she’s safely in her car or house before you leave. Wait the extra 90 seconds, and next time you might be going in with her.
15. She expects you to know her eye color after the first date.
16. Women need momentum — without it, they lose interest or wonder if you have. Momentum = a minimum of one date a week, plus a couple of phone calls in between.
17. She knows that when you invite her over for a homemade meal or to watch a movie, it’s code for “tonight is hook-up night.” Don’t play this card any earlier than date three.
18. A Friday or Saturday night is required by date four. Otherwise, she’ll wonder who else you’re seeing.
19. Rule of Groping: If anything happens that couldn’t be shown on prime-time TV, call her the next day. Otherwise, she’ll feel cheap and used.
20. Don’t say, “I’ll call you,” if you have no intention to. She’d prefer that you say nothing at all.
Good luck in life and love. The bold ones are the ones that would critical on a date with me.
I came across a list of 50 things women wished men knew (LINK). These are the ones I personally find true. I love how some are incredibly stereotypical of women and some I think men would have no clue about. But in both situations I think they generally hold true. Obviously not all women are as insecure as some of the list would suggest, but honestly a lot of us are.
As always I think many of the “things women wish men knew” is translatable to my gay and lesbian readers. For lesbians you would think both know everything on the list and would be careful not to hurt each others feelings as much as straight couples, or that the communication would be somehow better. But I can tell you first hand that I have done things counter to the list which have gotten me in trouble, and Christina has also not taken the extra second to think where I might be coming from before she says something. For gay men, you are practically women anyway, just kidding, sorta. But my gay boys out there, you know you can be sensitive about looks and insecure about if your partner is still into you too.
1. Saying “I love you” immediately before, during, or following sex doesn’t count.
5. I’m convinced I’m pregnant and obsess about it for a minimum of 24 to 48 hours before my period, even when I have no rational reason to think so.
6. I love it when you hug me from behind and whisper in my ear.
9. I’m terrified of becoming my mother, even though I admire her.
13. I’m scared of losing my independence.
15. Oral sex is your get-out-of-the-doghouse-free card. Manolo Blahnik shoes also do the trick.
16. You did something bad. I seem cool with it. I’m not. (See directly above.)
20. When I compare my flabby tummy to a kangaroo pouch, say nothing.
26. If you ask me out directly, I will say yes.
29. When in doubt, go with the shirt that matches your eye color.
31. Women get urinary-tract infections easily, so watch (and wash) your fingers.
33. You’re sexy when you’re shaving, fixing things, wearing a white T-shirt and jeans, driving, eating a peach, holding a baby.
34. I need to hear how you feel about me. Often. Tell me now.
35. Surprises, especially gifts for moi = more loving.
36. I want to be the best thing that ever happened to you–and for you to recognize this.
44. I like porn.
45. I love holding your bum in the palms of my hands.
46. Even nice girls like hushed dirty talk in public.
47. It’s cheating as soon as you’re doing something with her that you wouldn’t want me to see, hear, read…
48. For the record: I’d rather you break up with me than cheat.
49. I remember everything about our relationship.
I got this article from a seedy website. I would link to it, but there are pretty much naked people all over and I don’t want to advertise porn. But I think it actually has some valuable advice for those trying to stage a hook up with their best friends. The advice holds somewhat true for straight and lesbian couples as well, but as the article was target for gay men, I left in the pronouns.
There’s something about best friends. You love them, you share everything with them, but you don’t really want to have hot gay sex. Except maybe once. We’re only human. We’re not made of stone. Emotions can have a habit of over-spilling. And this is one occasion when it’s arguable great first time sex with a ‘new’ partner can happen while quite drunk.
These are the rules:
1. Right now, never mind tomorrow morning or earlier this evening, do you both want to have sex? Or is it just you? Or is it just him? If either of the latter two options applies, stick to the beers until neither of you is any longer capable – You can just drool on to each other about love, like straight friends. If, on the other hand, you really are both up for it, then it could be time for some fun.
2. Do you or does he have a boyfriend? To whom are you or he committed? If there is a one-on-one boyfriend in the background, bear in mind that if you do have sex now you won’t be seeing each other again for about six months – and then it will be boyfriend-chaperoned and distinctly frosty.
3. Do either of you really want a relationship with the other person – and being best friends has been the second best alternative to that? If so, it could be sex will shake it out of your system, or it could be Fatal Attraction time. Up to you.
4. Are you very good at keeping sex and love conceptually separate? Sex and friendship can coexist perfectly well, but if you associate sex with intimate love and commitment you are heading for trouble.
5. Are you going to learn something about your best friend you’d rather you didn’t know? In terms of ‘kink’ and performative preferences, it could be best to have lots of talk about sex beforehand. Like you haven’t.
6. To sum up: will sex be great fun and a way of sharing friendship and bonding, or is it a very big deal? If the latter, press ‘play’ on the next DVD.
7. And finally: Don’t fondle your friend in the morning. That was last night; this is now.
Keep in mind hooking up with your best friend, can be the start of the best relationship of your life or the end of one of the best relationships in your life. But in most cases it will fall in between. Good luck in life and love.
I got the message. My two previous sex posts (homemade porn tips, and tips from porn for good girls) were two of my most popular posts ever.
You want sex. Nay, you need sex. Well always looking to please my readers, who are apparently always looking to please someone in their life, I’ve decided to post a more extensive sex tip article. Today I am taking notes from bible of sex tips, Cosmo. Cosmo split the tips into categories: Get Him Riled Up, Feisty Foreplay, Getting it On, His Down There Domain, and Kink it Up. They are tips men sent in for women. Now from the multitude of tips found within their website, I’ve tried to pick what I found the best.
This selection was based on four factors:
- Did I feel it was translatable to my gay and lesbian audience well? (I would never forget you kids)
- Would I personally find the item sexy or enjoyable?
- Did it make sense?
- Was it clean enough that I wouldn’t feel bad if kids stumbled on here, but dirty enough to entice my adult readers?
Before you continue, these are tips for adults. For my more adventurous adult readers check out the actual site (Cosmo Article) they have the really juicy tips, with the specifics of what to put where and how to…..
Get Him Riled Up (or Her)
“When I lean in to kiss you, hold the back of my head gently in your hand. It’s tender yet sexy.” – Donny, 34
“The night after I got a big promotion my girlfriend said she was going to give me only oral sex all night.” –Ken, 32.
“If we’re somewhere semi-public and can’t go at each other, press your hips against mine.” –Henry, 25
“Do what my first girl did: Moan my name while I pleasure you.” –Eddie, 28.
“My current girlfriend treated me to a ‘bed dance’: she had me lie on my back while she slowly rubbed herself along my chest, stomach…” –Arlo, 27
“My girl pretended not to want to kiss me. I had to use my tongue to pry her mouth open passionately.” –Ron, 25
Getting It on
(Most of the tips were too graphic, I picked two tame ones)
“Tell me to get undressed but to keep my tie on. Pull on it to bring me closer to you.” –Ted, 31.
“When you’re near the point of no return, whisper four letter words into my ears –the really dirty ones.” –Fred, 23.
Down There Domain
(too graphic and really only applicable to men)
Kink It Up
“My fiancé will blindfold me and rub her body across my face. I can only use my mouth and tongue to identify what I’m feeling” –Carter, 29.
“One night, my girlfriend stopped the action and pointed to the camera she’d set up in the corner.” –Justine, 21
“My ex would me at local dive bars and pull me into the restroom for raunchy, against-the wall sex.” –Max 21.
“Treat your guy to sex under water. With your bodies feeling so weightless…” –Mark, 29
“Morning sex please” –Charlie, 26
“While we’re driving alone on a back road, ask me to pull over and then jump into my lap. You’ll be fulfilling my teenage fantasy of getting busy in my care.” –Jason, 34.