Had to share this gem with you, Son of Rambow. We got the trailer for it on Rambo and I think it looks adorable/funny.
Forget Temple Pharmacy School, I should have gone to Clemson University. I could have worked on my degree with Prof. Dawson, a food microbiologist. He conducted a study inspired by an episode of “Seinfeld”. Any loyal “Seinfel” fans will recall the episode where George double dips his chip at a funeral reception and is caught. The episode is credited with being the first major popular use of the term “double dipping”. They guy freaks out and tells George, “That’s like putting your whole mouth right in the dip!”. Well Professor Dawson set out to investigate if that charge is true. He was skeptical that bacteria could be transfered from mouth to chip to mouth initially. But the research indicates that 50 -100 bacteria would be transfered from one mouth to another in each bite, if there was a cup that was exposed to “sporadic double dipping.” GROSS. The study will be published in the Journal of Food Safety later this year.
Professor Dawson published a paper last year on the five-second rule. While his findings indicate that the rule is not true and food should not be eaten from the floor even if it is there for less than five seconds, my findings differ. (Well at least my findings of tasty food on floors).
(Photo Credit: My sister’s sushi skills)
I don’t know how many of you remember Tapper. I have heard it called other names, but usually it is called Root Beer Tapper. The premise is people order a drink and then you fill it and send it down the bar to them. If you take too long they leave, or if you send it the wrong place it crashes. Simple but fun. Elegant video game design. Well I am going to share with you an addictive little game called “Sushi Go Round”
It may simple at first, but as you get to the higher levels it is very fast, and the orders become more complicated.
Cute little drink for your Halloween parties. It has the look of a candy corn, the taste of a sweet tropical drink, and the punch of a martini. Enjoy!
1 part coconut cream
1 part tangerine flavored mixer
1 part banana liqueur
Splash of white rum
- Chill ingredients in fridge or freezer.
- Once cooled, pour the first three ingredients, in the order listed above, slowly over the back side of a spoon into a martini glass.
- Top with a splash of white rum.
Here is the real box office results:
|1||Why Did I Get Married? (2007)||$21.5M||$21.5M|
|2||The Game Plan (2007)||$11.5M||$59.4M|
|3||Michael Clayton (2007)||$11M||$12.1M|
|4||We Own the Night (2007)||$11M||$11M|
|5||The Heartbreak Kid (2007)||$7.42M||$26M|
|6||Elizabeth: The Golden Age (2007)||$6.18M||$6.18M|
Here are my results, based on quality:
Elizabeth: The Golden Age $25 Million
Michael Clayton $23 Million
Jane Austen Book Club $ 20 Million
We Own the Night $15 Million
Darjeeling Limited/Why did I get Married? $0 -pulled from theaters
This is a list of 20 tips to the perfect date, they are geared at the first date. I would think almost all of them are common sense, but what I am gathering about men is that they know little to nothing. Sorry boys. But boys want sex and girls want sex with a good relationship so you are looking for different things on a first date. Here you go:
1. It’s okay to suggest a drink instead of dinner for a first date. She dreads a boring four-course ordeal, too.
2. Call her by early evening on Monday to confirm a Tuesday get-together. (Weekends aren’t for first dates.)
3. Leave your home and work numbers. No home number and she’ll assume you have a wife or girlfriend.
4. If you want to keep the plans a surprise, at least clue her in as to what to wear. You do not want an overdressed, overstressed woman navigating the Talladega pits in high heels
5. Yes, she’ll notice if the date location you’ve chosen is conveniently around the block from your place.
6. Don’t assume that just because you’re out with a beautiful woman, she knows how pretty she looks — she wants to hear it from you.
7. Ask if she’s too cold or too warm, and if changing the temperature is in your power, fix it.
8. Men judge women according to whether they can picture having sex with them; women judge men by whether they can imagine kissing them. White teeth, fresh breath, and unchapped lips make her more apt to pucker up.
9. Do not ask her, “So, what kind of music do you like?” The last 25 guys asked that. Be original.
10. She loves when you insist on ordering dessert. Sharing = extra sexy.
11. Tip well: Grab the check, mentally divide the bill by 10, double that number, and throw down the tip. Do it quickly but casually. Believe me, she’ll be watching.
12. If she touches your arm, she’s interested; if she touches your leg, she’s interested tonight.
13. When in doubt, hold her hand.
14. Very small protective gestures go a long way and show her you’re a gentleman: Offer your arm as she’s stepping from a curb, direct her away from shards of broken glass aka Say Anything. She’ll notice if you wait until she’s safely in her car or house before you leave. Wait the extra 90 seconds, and next time you might be going in with her.
15. She expects you to know her eye color after the first date.
16. Women need momentum — without it, they lose interest or wonder if you have. Momentum = a minimum of one date a week, plus a couple of phone calls in between.
17. She knows that when you invite her over for a homemade meal or to watch a movie, it’s code for “tonight is hook-up night.” Don’t play this card any earlier than date three.
18. A Friday or Saturday night is required by date four. Otherwise, she’ll wonder who else you’re seeing.
19. Rule of Groping: If anything happens that couldn’t be shown on prime-time TV, call her the next day. Otherwise, she’ll feel cheap and used.
20. Don’t say, “I’ll call you,” if you have no intention to. She’d prefer that you say nothing at all.
Good luck in life and love. The bold ones are the ones that would critical on a date with me.