January 11, 2008
Meet Anthony G. A youtube sensation and popular talk show guest. The little boy has an amazing voice. He certainly has a “stage presence” as well. He has appeared on the morning show, the ellen show, and many more.
I couldn’t embed the video of Anthony G that you must watch.
Check out his wonderful rendition of “Think” by Aretha Franklin.
I know I am probably going to hell for calling this 8 year old gay, but whatever.
January 11, 2008
Some youtuber compiled all the references that ellen was gay before the big puppy love (coming out) episode. It is pretty funny. They aren’t subtle references they are very obvious.
November 13, 2007
I highly recommend searching “The Only Gay Eskimo”. There are a variety of interpretations out there, I figued I would share one video.
November 7, 2007
I thought what better way to get through hump day, than a little kissing trivia. Enjoy!
- The average person will spend an estimated 20,160 min kissing in their lifetime.
Ancient Egyptians never kissed with their mouths. Instead they kissed with their noses.
- Kissing helps reduce tooth decay because the extra saliva helps clean out your mouth
- On Valentine’s Day 2004, 5,122 Philippine coupes gathered together at midnight and locked lips. This kissathon beat the previous world record of 4,445 set in January in Chile.
- The Chinese didn’t kiss until the practice was introduced by Westerners, and they’re still not very keen on it.
You burn 26 calories in a one minute kiss.
- Kissing releases the same neurotransmitters (chemical messengers in the brain) as those that are released when you engage in intense exercise such as running a marathon or skydiving. This causes your heart to beat faster and your breathing to become deep and irregular.
- Our brains have special neurons that help us find each others lips in the dark
- The science of kissing is called philematology.
- There are many strange laws regarding kissing that are still on the books. In Indiana, it is illegal for a man with a moustache to “habitually kiss human beings”. And in Hartford, CT, it is illegal for a man to kiss his wife on a Sunday.
- In Naples, Italy in the 16th century, kissing was an offence that carried the death penalty.
Onur Guentuerkuen of Ruhr-University Bochum in Bochum, Germany, studied hundreds of couples kissing.
- In his study, he found that two-thirds of people turn their heads to the right when kissing.
- On Valentine’s Day 2004, an Italian couple made their way into the record books with a 31-hour 18-minute Valentine kiss. The couple beat the previous record by 18 minutes and 33 seconds, however, the man had to receive oxygen afterwards.
November 6, 2007
Blue Jersey is airing some pro gay marriage ads over the next two weeks. They are not very in your face or controversial. They are simple civil unions are not the same as marriage arguments. They are cute. Hopefully they will be effective. But as many of you know gay marriage is not one of my top political priorities so I will not get on my high horse right now. (Keep in mind, I do believe gays should be able to get married. If they want that headache, they should be entitled to it).
What this post is about is effective political advertising. I came across this ad a while ago, but was unable to find a working link to it when I last looked for it. Today when I was watching the Blue Jersey ads, this came up on the youtube side bar. I think this anti-gay marriage ad is troubling because it exploits children. I find it disturbing because I found the children cute, even though they were spewing discrimination (albeit taught to them by some adult). But what it really makes you question are where are their parents. In a twisted way I could understand teaching your children hate, if you thought it would save them or it was part of your religious beliefs. Because it is a parent’s job to do what is best for their children, if a parent honestly believed in the dangers of being gay they should talk to their kids about it. But to have your child on national television clearly stating your views like political puppets, without regard to how it might affect them in the future.
November 6, 2007
The Wall Street has an interesting article on Las Vegas travel industry’s recent campaign to sway the gay tourists. It has been highly publicized lately that gay and lesbian travelers tend to come from higher income homes, travel more frequently, and spend more while on vacation. It makes sense to me, my friends and I are in general gay (sorry scott) and if we can find two pennies to rub together we go on a trip. We find a way to take at least one trip a year (usually multiple), even though we are full time students who make almost no money. People want to tap into the booming “gay travel” market. Even my home city. Right here in the city of brotherly love (and I do mean in the gay way) we have expanding recognition of the gayborhood, print ads in gay publications, and a massive online campaign to encourage gay travelers to check out the historic Philadelphia area. (Plus we have casinos now so visit!).
What is interesting to me is Vegas always seemed a little gay. It doesn’t really need to gay up its image. There are 24 hour parties, strip clubs, gambling, and drinking. It is essentially a circuit party with a lot of straight people. The shows are outrageous, the performers are divas, and the drag is superb. I went this summer for a few days with the family and still managed to see an adult lesbian vampire show. I associated Vegas with wild bachleor parties, spring break, 21st birthdays, and gays. But in reality there were tons of families and straight married couples when I was there.
I saw a sign in Paris (the hotel) for gay weddings when I was there, but really thought nothing of it. But the article pointed out a lot of resorts are offering ceremony packages. I think there would be some serious money if Nevada would legalize gay marriage.
What I look forward to even more than potential hotel deals and a stronger feeling of acceptance in Sin City, is the advertisements. The early ads I have seen have been very coy with little hints as to the targeted market, not direct “GAYS COME HERE NOW” ads. I think they are cute, but effective. One was as simple as two manicured hands cutting a wedding cake, another featured a sink that had two men’s razors on it. But as the money flows, the ads will get more brazen. I want to see slutty, stripper filled gay ads.
October 29, 2007
I always knew there was a special relationship between gay boys and fat girls. Gay guys have fat fag hags. I have a theory as to why. It is a three part theory:
1. Gay boys like to look good, and next to their fag hag they normally good.
2. Gay boys, like fat girls, have developed a loud/sarcastic sense of humor as a self defense mechanism.
3. They both want to chat about boys and not fear the person they are talking to is going to steal the boy they like.
But a new movie is taking that relationship to the next level, its about a gay boy finding his inner fat girl. Check out the trailer for “Fat Girls”: