Odd things happen every day; the only difference is these just made the news. I present the 5 random stories I came across, in no particular order.
- Employees at a German butcher’s shop were surprised to discover a customer had hidden two sex toys in their sausages for transport to Dubai.
- An Australian burglar broke into a neighbor’s house and played sex games in the bathroom with a bottle of toilet detergent and a vacuum cleaner. He was sentence to 12 months community service.
- A lonely baboon in a private Lithuanian zoo has adopted a chicken he saved from certain death last month and the two have formed a fast friendship, the zoo’s director said Friday. The chicken was meant to be food for another animal, but escaped. This is the cute story of the day.
- A Venezuelan man who had been declared dead woke up in the morgue in excruciating pain after medical examiners began their autopsy. Carlos Camejo, 33, was declared dead after a highway accident and taken to the morgue, where examiners began an autopsy only to realize something was amiss when he started bleeding. They quickly sought to stitch up the incision on his face. The person who started the autopsy is the tool bag of the day.
- 16,000 words have lost their hyphens in a new edition of the Oxford English Dictionary. Some became two words and some were shortened to one. Ice cream, test tube, and hobby horse all lost a hyphen and are now sets of two words. Bumblebee, chickpea, and crybaby are now each officially one word.