I came across a list of 50 things women wished men knew (LINK). These are the ones I personally find true. I love how some are incredibly stereotypical of women and some I think men would have no clue about. But in both situations I think they generally hold true. Obviously not all women are as insecure as some of the list would suggest, but honestly a lot of us are.
As always I think many of the “things women wish men knew” is translatable to my gay and lesbian readers. For lesbians you would think both know everything on the list and would be careful not to hurt each others feelings as much as straight couples, or that the communication would be somehow better. But I can tell you first hand that I have done things counter to the list which have gotten me in trouble, and Christina has also not taken the extra second to think where I might be coming from before she says something. For gay men, you are practically women anyway, just kidding, sorta. But my gay boys out there, you know you can be sensitive about looks and insecure about if your partner is still into you too.
1. Saying “I love you” immediately before, during, or following sex doesn’t count.
5. I’m convinced I’m pregnant and obsess about it for a minimum of 24 to 48 hours before my period, even when I have no rational reason to think so.
6. I love it when you hug me from behind and whisper in my ear.
9. I’m terrified of becoming my mother, even though I admire her.
13. I’m scared of losing my independence.
15. Oral sex is your get-out-of-the-doghouse-free card. Manolo Blahnik shoes also do the trick.
16. You did something bad. I seem cool with it. I’m not. (See directly above.)
20. When I compare my flabby tummy to a kangaroo pouch, say nothing.
26. If you ask me out directly, I will say yes.
29. When in doubt, go with the shirt that matches your eye color.
31. Women get urinary-tract infections easily, so watch (and wash) your fingers.
33. You’re sexy when you’re shaving, fixing things, wearing a white T-shirt and jeans, driving, eating a peach, holding a baby.
34. I need to hear how you feel about me. Often. Tell me now.
35. Surprises, especially gifts for moi = more loving.
36. I want to be the best thing that ever happened to you–and for you to recognize this.
44. I like porn.
45. I love holding your bum in the palms of my hands.
46. Even nice girls like hushed dirty talk in public.
47. It’s cheating as soon as you’re doing something with her that you wouldn’t want me to see, hear, read…
48. For the record: I’d rather you break up with me than cheat.
49. I remember everything about our relationship.