Two drinks I want to try pool side for this crazy heat wave:
Critics Review: With chunks of fresh pineapple and a slight fizz, it tasted like a tequila sangria.
1 cup chopped fresh pineapple
1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
10 ounces white tequila
12 ounces fresh pineapple juice
12 ounces lemon-lime soda
- Combine pineapple and mint in a pitcher, muddle. Add the tequila, pineapple juice, and lemon lime soda.
- Serve over crushed ice and garnish with fresh mint leaves.
Juice of 1/2 a lime, freshly squeezed
1 kiwi fruit, diced with some larger chunks for garnish
1/4 tsp finely minced ginger
Dash of salt (if desired)
slightly crushed small piece of ginger
3 Tablespoons simple sugar syrup
8 oz. Ginger Ale
Kiwi and lime rind for garnish
**Feel free to modify this recipe by adding vodka, gin, or light rum.
- Rub lip of chilled tumbler with ginger, drop into cup. Add ice.
- In a separate mixing container, add sugar syrup, dash of salt, minced ginger, diced kiwi, and lime juice; mix well.
- Pour ginger ale into chilled tumbler, and pour juice mix over soda, making sure to swirl minced ginger and kiwi back into suspension first.
- Garnish with kiwi and/or lime rind. Enjoy!